New Orleans Newborn Photography | B. Garrison Photography
You’ve scheduled your newborn session, and you can’t wait to get precious photos of the new addition to your family. But this may be your first newborn photo session, and you may not know what to expect.
Newborn photos are different from other portraits and require a little more thought and care. Below are a few things to consider to better prepare you for your newborn session.
Clean up baby.
Gently clean off any flakes of skin or eye gunk with a washcloth. Use baby trimmers to trim the baby’s fingernails and change them into a fresh diaper. Make sure baby looks fresh and clean before the photo session begins.
Be prepared for feeding.
When you arrive for your photo session, be ready to feed your baby. You’ll want them to be full and content, so they can more easily fall asleep and be posed for the photos. Don’t forget to burp baby well after feeding. A gassy, fussy baby is uncomfortable and harder to work with than a content one.
Babies have no concern for when they pee, poop, or spit up—or who they do it on. Don’t stress the mess. Your photographer will expect it, and you should too. If you’re dressing baby up, just make sure to bring an extra set of clothing.
Photographing newborns is hardly easily, especially when you add other family members, like siblings into the mix. Don’t stress out when things aren’t going as planned. Your newborn will be able to sense your anxiety and frustration and may become stressed as well. If your other children are acting up, gently direct them and encourage them to pay attention.
Trust your photographer.
A professional photographer will know how to pose your newborn safely and how to get smiles out of every other member of the family. Be open to their ideas and trust their expertise and ability to get you the images you want.
About Our Studio
- Our studio is located in Slidell, La at 2020 Gause Blvd. West Suite 112
- All newborn sessions are scheduled during the week between the hours of 9:30am & 1pm.
- Newborn sessions are best done in the morning during their morning naps. This gives them that fresh few hours while they are calm and happy.
- We have a full parking lot to make it manageable to get in and out of our studio.
- Our studio is equipped with all the new trendy props, accessories & wraps.
- When booking a newborn session we send out a questionnaire that helps us have a understanding in what you have in mind for your babies first session.
- When arriving to your session if you have booked the parent shots those will be done first so that you guys can rest and maybe take a small nap while I take over. We like you to rest because we all know what its like having a newborn at home.